The Einscan HX coped with all the tasks without any problems. Its capabilities are quite in line with the declared specs. The model seems to have only two shortcomings. The first is the difficulties in scanning small objects. Still, we did manage to scan a part much smaller than the minimum declared size. But it would be hard to scan some jewelry, for instance. And the second drawback is perhaps the lack of auto scanning mode using the turntable. The whole process is carried out by hand.
Shining 3D is a Chinese firm that offers 3D printing services and products, including both scanners and printers. Established in 2004, it has grown to become a premier provider of 3D printing technology globally. With a strong emphasis on R&D, the company has played a major role in innovative 3D printing projects.
Shining 3D Einscan HX overview
The EinScan HX is a handheld 3D scanner manufactured by Shining 3D. It is capable of generating high-quality 3D models of objects quickly. Equipped with a color sensor, it can capture not only the shape of an object, but also its color and texture. The scanner offers two modes of operation: free scan and fixed scan, making it versatile for various uses. It has a reputation for being user-friendly, accurate, and fast, making it ideal for reverse engineering, quality control, and product design.
What’s in the box
The typical EinScan HX package from Shining 3D typically includes the following items:
- The EinScan HX 3D scanner
- A power adapter
- A USB cable
- A calibration board
- A quick start guide
A software CD
- It's advisable to verify with the supplier for a complete list of included items, as the package contents may differ based on the retailer or location.
To use the Shining 3D EinScan HX 3D scanner, follow these steps:
- Install software: Obtain the software either from the CD provided or download it from the official website.
- Connect the device: Connect the scanner to the computer with a USB cable.
- Calibrate the scanner: Use the calibration board and follow the instructions in the quick start guide to calibrate the scanner.
- Choose a scan environment: Pick a well-lit, clean area for scanning to ensure accuracy.
Select scan mode: Based on the object to be scanned and your needs, select either free scan or fixed scan mode.
- By following these steps, the Shining 3D EinScan HX 3D scanner should be operational and ready for use.
The EinScan HX from Shining 3D is notable for its:
Hybrid Technology: The structured light scanning and automatic texture capture technology used in the EinScan HX result in high precision and accuracy for 3D data capture.
Accurate Results: Advanced algorithms and high-resolution sensors used in the EinScan HX produce precise 3D models of objects.
Rapid Processing: The EinScan HX can quickly acquire and process 3D data, making it an efficient choice for various applications.
User-Friendly Design: Its handheld design enables easy and convenient scanning, making it suitable for a variety of settings. The EinScan HX is also compact and lightweight, making it easy to transport.
The EinScan HX from Shining 3D comes with the EinScan Software, an easy-to-use software package that allows you to control the scanner and process the captured 3D data. The software offers several features including:
- Scanning Control: Start and stop scans, adjust scanning parameters, and control the scanner through the software.
- Data Processing: Align multiple scans, fill in any holes or errors in the 3D model, and optimize the model for future use.
- Color Mapping: Add color to the 3D model using the color data captured by the scanner's color sensor.
Model Export: Save the 3D model in various file formats, including STL, OBJ, PLY, and others.
- The software is continually updated and the latest version can be downloaded from the official Shining 3D website. It is compatible with Windows operating systems.
The Shining 3D EinScan HX 3D scanner is versatile and has multiple uses, including:
- Reverse Engineering: Creating exact 3D replicas of objects for product design, prototyping, and production.
- Quality Control: Swift and accurate evaluation of the dimensional correctness of produced parts to identify discrepancies from design specifications.
- Product Development: Scanning objects and incorporating the captured 3D data into the design process for enhanced accuracy and productivity.
- Heritage Conservation: Scanning historical objects, monuments, and artifacts for preservation and documentation purposes.
Education: Allowing students to have hands-on experience with 3D scanning technology, as well as the opportunity to learn and explore 3D modeling and printing.
- This scanner is ideal for industries such as engineering, architecture, education, manufacturing, and more.
Einscan HX: Overview and Examples
The EinScan HX from Shining 3D is a handheld 3D scanner that can produce high-quality 3D models in a quick manner. It has a color sensor for capturing color and texture and can operate in both free scan and fixed scan modes. The EinScan HX is capable of scanning various types of objects, such as:
Complex Shapes: Objects with intricate designs and details, like sculptures and machinery parts.
Big Items: Objects that measure up to 1 meter in size, like furniture and vehicles.
Tiny Objects: The high-resolution sensors can produce detailed 3D models of small objects, like toys and jewelry.
Textured Objects: The color sensor permits for color and texture mapping, making it suitable for scanning textured objects, such as fabrics and paintings.
These are a few examples of objects that the EinScan HX can scan, making it a versatile and accurate option for applications like product design, heritage preservation, and quality inspection.
The EinScan HX by Shining 3D is a handheld 3D scanner recognized for its adaptable design, fast processing, and precise data capturing abilities. It's appropriate for various industries including architecture, education, engineering, and manufacturing, and can be utilized for a broad range of purposes like heritage preservation, product design, quality inspection, and reverse engineering. The EinScan HX comes with user-friendly software that offers scanning, post-processing, and 3D model exporting features and is constantly updated by the manufacturer. If you're a professional, designer, or student interested in 3D technology, the EinScan HX is a top pick for capturing precise 3D models of objects.